Friday, January 28, 2011

It's not just the Military anymore!

I know that this is not your standard Blog topic and it may border on the almost offensive side of Blogging?  I apologize if  this Blog offends anyone in anyway, that is not my intention at all. This world we live in today, unlike any other time in our history is claiming more of our Children's lives than ever before.  It use to be Military Service that was the major cause of parents having to bury their Children and when your child died serving he or she's country, their death although just as traumatic was for their Country and was Honorable.

That standard is still alive and well in the Military and thank goodness for that because we love our troops and we appreciate every single thing that they do for us. 

It's the other major killers of or children that bother me so much and they affect all walks of life and there is no segregation among the social classes.

So many of our children are dying from the Prescription Drug overdose, the numbers are staggering and this is "Legal" because they are prescribed by the Doctor? 


Then there is the B-side to this which is our Children that get addicted to Prescription Drugs and then end up needing more than their Doctor is willing  to prescribe, So to avoid the pains of withdrawal, they take to the streets to get the harder drugs that don't come with warning labels from the D.E.A. or the F.D.A. and this ends up killing them. 

If we can stay in the same category for a second, I don't want to loose you attention but I feel like this particular drug needs special attention, not necessarily for it's large death toll, because actually compared to Cocaine and Heroin the death rate is far less for "Meth amphetamine" users.  

Meth as some users refer to it, doesn't usually cause Cardiac Arrest  from too much of it like Cocaine and it never slows down your heart so much that it finally stops beating like during a Heroin overdose.

 What meth does to your life however, is second to none in the devastation category. I personally believe that  "meth Amphetamine" is a Demon that Satan put on this earth to have his deeds done for him. Have you ever heard that song " The Freaks Come out at night" well this could be the mission statement for this drug or the commercial catch phrase.. It is the only Drug that takes a perfectly good Human being and strips them of every single thing that they have, Including all of their possessions, their self-esteem, their mind and their dignity while at the same time making the user feel like what has happened to their life is status quo! 

Thank you for allowing me to go off on that tangent  for a minute, It definitely deserves it's place in this Blog.

So we are about 5 or 6 paragraphs into this post and I have basically mentioned on;y 2 reasons why more parents today are burring their Children than ever before and those 2 in case you haven't been following are Military Service and Drug Addiction.

I' am not going to write down all  of the new killers  of our Children in 2011 because I would like to get some feedback and other perspectives from my fellow Bloggers. 

The last one I'm going to talk about tonight before I get your feedback out there is "Gang Violence", 
This Epidemic like the other one's  i have touched on tonight  has no discretion when it comes to age, race, creed or religion, it affects all walks of life and it doesn't look like is going to get better any time soon.

Gang violence affects all of us because you don't have to be in or affiliated with any gang, in order to get killed by one of their members. So many of our Children have died from the through and through round of an AK-47 or the wild, almost uncontrollable spay of the Mack 10 or Uzzie and they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then you have all of the actual bangers that are out there shooting and killing for the respect of their block, when you put those 2 together, it's another staggering set of statistics. I would like to thank everyone for their time and I really encourage any and all responses to these terribly important issues and I look forward to you telling me about the other major causes that are making Parents have to bury their Children more today than any other time in history. If you have had a loved one pass and you want to keep their memories alive and in your heart forever, feel free  to visit our site at www.withusforever.com - 

Thanks again and I look forward to reading you posts.

1 comment:

  1. I too have been affected by the prescription addiction in our family. My son started off taking a vicodin after a football game because he was in major pain from all the hits he endured during the game. (He was a badass) However those few pills on Friday nights turned into going to the doctor (a quack) as we call them because they do no more than sit you down and ask what you want. The doctor prescibed him 100 to 120 Norco which is equivilent to two regular 500 mg Vicodin. So now he has up the dose. My son went from taking a couple pills a day to 7 to 10 at a time when that did not work he hit the streets and started finding heavier pills such as Oxycotin & Morphine. He met a girl who was strung out for a few years on Heroine and that was all it took, he started smoking it but she was mainlining the drug and he soon found out he was waisting the high as he liked to put it, as her high was lasting longer and stronger than his, so soon he started using the needles to inject the drug. On several occassions he OD'd but was brought back by his friends. On Aug 22, 2009 he was not that lucky - We found his body on Aug 23, 2009 in our livingroom where he had accidently overdosed on Heroin. His toxicology report came back with Vicodin, Morphine and Heroin. Chasing the Dragon - trying to find that high that will kill you. My son had 10 months clean his body was free of the drugs when he shot up that evening that is why he died. He more than likely used the amount he had used 10 months prior and stopped his heart. My heart aches as I write this. I see this in kids more and more everyday. They start off taking a pill at a party to stealing their family members pills to then going on to stronger meds or street drugs. I wish there were more facilities out there willing to detox these kids. The horror of it all is they want off but they know the Painful Withdrawal and so therefore they are stuck. I feel very fortunate that my son shared alot of his addiction with me as he was in recovery. They call it the 4th Step I believe, Making a Mends! I miss my son everyday and I know we each have a way of ending here on earth I am just sad My son had to go out alone - But grateful he knew a loving father who gave him eternal life, so I hold on to that Faith that I will see him someday soon. Rest In Peace My Angel. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete